Wednesday, January 28, 2009

When did Up to Date get formatted for the iPhone?

Last July when I went to use UpToDate on the iPhone it used the traditional PC website so it was very slow and ill suited to the iPhone. I went to use it a few days ago and it had been reformatted to the iPhone and was fast and clean.

I tap on the UpToDate icon to launch Safari and go straight to UpToDate. The icon is called a webclip. You can learn more about this at this Apple webpage.



Then I log in with my username and password.




Look at how simple the search page is. It loads nearly instantly.



The results load fast and are way easier to read than on the previous site.



You then get an outline of the subject. Burton Rose calls them "Cards."


Then you arrive at a manuscript that reads great on the iPhone screen.



Even foot notes pull up the reference and abstract.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...