Monday, January 23, 2012

Acid Base for Med Students, a free iBook. Updated x2

Back in August of 2010 I begged for a content creation system for the iPad and last week Apple delivered iBooks Author.
I just finished converting my Acid-Base handout to the iBook format and the authoring software fits into the rest of the iWork suite. If you know how to use Pages, you will be an iBook Author wiz. The program was solid for a 1.0 release with only one crash in about ten hours of work and I didn't lose any data. I can't wait to dig a little deeper and really build some interactive content. I have a feeling, going forward, that iBook Author is going to be my primary content creation tool. For now check out my first iBook. 


Update: Some notes on how to use this file:
  1. You can only use the iBook on an iPad
  2. The iPad must have at least iBooks 2.0 to load the book
  3. The file can be downloaded to a computer and side loaded to the iPad through iTunes, but that seems overly complex compared to just downloading it right from the web sight right on an iPad
Update 2: version of 1.5 is now live with added interactivity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...