Friday, April 16, 2010

Noon conference St John Macomb: Renal Adventures in Imaging

Yesterday I gave one of my favorite lectures, Renal Adventures in Imaging.

It is a lecture on three issues in nephrology that are not normally put together in a single lecture:

  1. Phosphate nephropathy
  2. Nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy (I'll never get used to calling it nephrogenic systemic fibrosis because, despite what the literature states, all five patients I have seen had purely dermatologic manifestations)
  3. Contrast nephropathy
I like the lecture because it is not a typical nephrology lecture. 

I gave the lecture Seder-style and had crammed for the last three days getting the booklet ready. It's the longest booklet by one sheet (32 pages rather than my standard 28). It turned out pretty good, though the acetylcysteine section needs to be built up and I need to comb through it for typos.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...