Thursday, March 24, 2011

Let's play "Would you biopsy this pregnant lady?"

At journal club this morning I mentioned my patient and polled the room to see who would have sent her for a kidney biopsy. Our fellowship director did his best Sarah Palin impersonation with, "Would I biopsy her? My answer isn't no, it's hell no."

Going around the room all 5 fellows and both of the attendings were in agreement that they would not do the biopsy. This is also in agreement with the first comment on Facebook. It seems that no one would biopsy this patient.

In the best traditions of Web 2.0, let's do an informal survey. Ill post the results next week along with a comprehensive summary of membranous nephropathy in pregnancy (the librarians are hard at work pulling articles as I type).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...