Friday, March 4, 2011

And the baby with the baboon heart. Or It's an iPad world

I was giving my cardiorenal syndrome lecture on Friday and during the question and answer session one of the residents asked why furosemide drips were more effective than boluses. I explained about the results from this Cochrane review and this recent RCT. Unfortunately I had not read the table of contents from this weeks NEJM:
So of course one of the interns mentions the article and asked if I had read it. I copped to the truth but what happened next was incredible. Across the lecture room I could see dozens of iPads flick to life as nearly everyone started pulling up NEJM.org to check out the latest.

Medicine is magical and magical is art
The Boy in the Bubble
And the baby with the baboon heart

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...